I’m glad that today is Friday. I get a couple of days off before I have to work again on Monday.
I’m giving you guys a break on saving money on groceries to discuss a topic I told you I was going to tell you more about (on Monday’s blog post).
I am participating in a No-Spend/ Sell September. I got this idea from some people I watch on Youtube that discuss their finances.
Today, I would like to tell you about the No-Spend part of that.
Here are my own rules to my own No-Spend September:
- I can only spend money on items I need. I am not allowed to spend money on any items I want.
- Nothing I want can’t be spent on my bank account or credit cards. I have a couple of gift cards I got as rewards. I am allowed to spend money on those. But that is it.
- There will be no new clothes, books, shopping sprees, nor eating out for September.
What do I plan on accomplishing out of this?
- I would like to work on rebuilding my emergency fund. There is barely any money in it.
- I would like to start saving money for long-term savings as well. I have not started working on retirement.
- I would like to start creating a sinking fund for the upcoming holiday season, so everyone I have to buy for will have a nice gift this year.
However, I have already blown No-Spend September by buying a sandwich at the place I work because I forgot to bring my snack to work that morning. However, I only spent $1.60. I’m not shooting myself in the foot for that purchase. I just won’t do it again for the rest of the month.
Tuesday, I will discuss the Sell part of September.
Have you ever participated in a No-Spend month? If so, please tell me more about it in the comments.
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please let me know.
Thank You and Have A Great Weekend