How did your weekend go? Mine’s went alright, I guess.
I reconciled my budget out for last month.
Today, I will share with you how that went.
Click the link to go to my PDF spreadsheet (september-2016-budget-spreadsheet-sheet1).
Here we go:
- I projected that I was going to make $940. I ended up making $505 more than I thought.
- I gave $14 less than I thought I would give. I will give an $14 this coming week.
- I was over $16 on Utilities. I need to find ways to save more money on my utilities.
- I spent $3 less than I thought I would on Gas.
- I spent $9 less than I thought I would on Personal Items.
On groceries, I gave myself double the money because I had an extra paycheck in August from the last company I worked at.
I ended up with a leftover balance of $535.
Where will that money go?
- $20 of that will go to a sinking fund for my cat.
- As mentioned above, $14 will be given.
- I plan on putting the leftover $381 to an emergency fund.
How did I do overall?
- I did okay overall. I was lucky because I had an extra paycheck last month that I normally wouldn’t have. I still can do better though.
- I need to work on ways to save money on utility bill. Heating and Air during Winter and Summer are costing me a fortune. If you guys have any tips or advice on that, please let me know.
- At least I have money to start an emergency fund (in case something bad should happen).
If you have any questions about my budget, please let me know.
Thank You and Have A Great Day