As many of you all know, paying bills can be chaotic at times.
Different companies send their bills at different times of the month.
As mentioned in a previous post, if the bills do not get paid on time, you will probably have to fork over extra money to for late fees and to get some of your services turned back on (in some cases).
I am creating a schedule that will keep my bill paying organized (to avoid late fees and not forgetting to pay a bill).
Here’s how I’m doing that:
- I have to determine how times a month I get paid and organize it into that many parts. I get paid every week. Thus, I have to organize my monthly bills into 4 week slots.
- Next, I have to figure out when the bills come in and when they are due. For example, I get my mortgage bill at the beginning of the month but won’t pay it until the last week of the month because it’s not due until the end of the month.
- I will grab a sheet of paper and write down the 4 week slots in a list format.
- Then, I will put the bills I have to pay that month in the appropriate week slot. For my mortgage payment, I will go in the fourth weekly slot.
- Anything that automatically gets deducted out of my bank account, I will put on the first week’s slot. This is done, so it won’t be forgotten.
- I will place it in the area I pay my bills.
If I was getting paid biweekly or bimonthly, I would be organizing my bills into 2 week slots for the month instead of 4. The first slot would cover the bills due on the first 2 weeks of the month. The last slot would cover the bills due on the last 2 weeks of the month.
Click the link below to see a list I made for my bill paying:
If you have any questions, please let me know.
If you liked this post, please like, subscribe to my blog, and share this post with your friends.
Thank You and Have A Great Day