How did your weekend go?
Mine’s was great.
After church on Sunday, my church did a meal to appreciate what our pastor does for our church.
This meant that I had to make and bring something to this luncheon.
I didn’t have a lot of money to spend on making a meal.
Luckily it was a potluck meal (where I could bring what I was able to bring).
I decided to make a cake. I decided to put a twist on it.
I made a cake where you mix cake mix with soda. It was cheaper than having to buy eggs and oil for the recipe.
I pulled the idea from this website (I saw their post picture from a friend on Facebook): http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/27/easy-cake-recipe-use-soda-be-bubbly_n_5717767.html
This cake is called Root Beer Chocolate cake.
Below are the ingredients needed to make this recipe:
- Box of chocolate cake mix (not any specific kind)
- Can of root beer or 1 1/2 cups of root beer
- Cake pan
- Container of cake frosting
- Mixing bowl & spoon or mixer
- Cooking spray
Here’s how to make the cake:
- Preheat your oven to what it says on the directions on the back of the cake mix box.
- Spray your cake pan with cooking spray
- Open the bag of cake mix and put it in the mixing bowl.
- Pour the root beer in the mixing bowl (on top of the cake mix)
- Mix the ingredients together until all of the powder is gone
- Pour the combined ingredients into the cake pan and spread out until it is even
- If your oven is preheated, go ahead and put the pan in the oven and cook it for as long as it says on the back of the box of cake mix.
- Once the cake has been baked, let it cool for an hour.
- After it has cooled, open the container of frosting and pour the frosting on top of the cake. Spread it out evenly.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. The people at church that tried it sure did.
If you have any questions, please let me know.
If you liked this post, please like, subscribe to my blog, and share this post with your friends.
Thank You and Have A Great Day