The Christmas season is coming up in a few weeks.
I bet many of you are stressing about how you can afford it.
Here are 5 ways you can save money this Christmas:
- Plan ahead of time. Make a budget to determine how much you will spend on everything needed for Christmas (and stick to that budget). Create a list of people you have to buy gifts for or give cards to. Figure out the trips you have to take to see family members (and go ahead and get your lodging before it’s gone and you have to pay top dollar for it).
- Reuse decorations from last year. This will prevent you from having to buy new decorations at top dollar prices.
- Buy your cards in packs at the dollar store. Buying individual cards cost more money than buying them in packs. I paid $5 for a pack of cards compared to paying $5 for one card (at some stores) They won’t be as pretty, but you can make up for that by adding some thought into your writing in the card.
- Make baked goodies as gifts. If you buy a regular gift, you won’t know if the person will use it or not. If they don’t use the gift, it becomes a waste of money on your part. You might have been better off making them a dessert they will eat (for half of the price of the cost of a gift).
- Do your shopping online. Shopping online will save you money on gas and time as well. If you spend a certain amount of money online, they will give you free shipping. If you use Ebates, you might be able to get a rebate on some of the money you spent on the online stores (depending on the store). They also have coupon codes you can use as well.
Please let me know what ideas you have for saving money this Christmas.
Please like, subscribe, and share this post with your friends.