I know that Fall time has come. It’s starting to get cooler outside in some areas.
I bet some of you want to eat food that warms you up.
Today, I wanted to share with you a frugal recipe that will do that.
It’s called Crock pot Chili.
This recipe is easy to make. It will feed around 4 people.
Below are the ingredients you need:
- Three 15 ounce cans of any chili related beans (Dark Red Kidney Beans, Light Red Kidney Beans, Chili Beans, Black Beans)
- One 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- One 24 ounce can or jar of spaghetti sauce ($1 kind)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cooking spray
- Crock pot
Now, let me give the directions to this recipe:
- Spray your crock pot bowl.
- Open your cans of beans and diced tomatoes and drain the juice out of them out in your sink.
- Open your can or jar of spaghetti sauce and dump it into the crock pot.
- Dump your drained beans and diced tomatoes into the crock pot.
- Add the chili powder, garlic powder, and minced onion into the crock pot.
- Mix it all together.
- Put the lid on your crock pot.
- Turn it on high and cook it for 1 1/2 to 2 hours (depending on your crock pot).
The total ingredients cost me around $4.50. That is around $1.13 per serving. It’s around what you would pay for an item on a fast food bargain menu item after taxes.
You can add meat to this recipe, but please cook the meat before you put it in the crock pot. (And beware that it will make the recipe more expensive).
I hope this chili will warm you and your family up. Please let me know how it turns out.
If you have any questions about this recipe, please let me know.
If you liked this post, please like, subscribe to my blog, and share this post with your friends.
Have A Great Weekend